According to an ancient tradition, not far from the current church, there was a shrine decorated with a fresco representing Virgin Mary. As time went by, the shrine became a church and in 1571 two “country chapels” already existed, according to the documents. On the 7th of October 1659, after the peace treaty signed in Ivrea, Macugnano hill was gradually repopulated; since the fresco of Virgin Mary was the only remaining part of the church, the inhabitants decided to build a second church, closer to the town instead of an hill. About sixty years later, since the building was unfit to receive pilgrims, they built a new, larger church. Between 1738 and 1746 the project was commissioned to the alladiese architect Costanzo Michela, who decided to incorporate the old building into the new one. The interior has a Latin cross plan with two lateral altars and two sacristies. The main altar, in marble, is consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the choir loft holds the ancient Virgin Mary´s fresco, surrounded by a wooden frame. Behind the right side altar there is an icon by Joseph Chiantor (1815), representing the Holy Trinity. The one over the left side altar represents Virgin Mary with Angels. Under the altar the Saint Victory relics are kept. Inside the niche, on the right side of the main altar,there is a wooden statue of the Our Lady of Graces, paraded in the annual procession. The façade is enriched by a balustrade and by the particular decoration of the tambour. Special features of the sanctuary are its two steeples and the lantern, hence the name “Tre Cioché” (meaning “three bell towers”).